Botox in Portland: What You Can Expect
Have you been considering Botox® Cosmetic, but are not sure what to expect? Here are some quick details about what Botox® is, how it’s used, and what Dr. DeMars’ Portland Botox® patients can expect:
- Botox® Cosmetic is a non-surgical treatment for improving and preventing wrinkles.
- It is often used on individuals ages 25-65 who have fine lines, and would like to slow down the aging process.
- It works by relaxing the facial muscles so that repeated muscle movements that typically crease the skin and cause wrinkles are reduced or prevented. (I.e. furrowing of or raising the eyebrows, squinting, etc.)
- After experiencing Botox® Cosmetic, you will still be able to make facial expressions.
- Botox® Cosmetic results last about 3-5 months, and therefore should be maintained several times a year.
- The treatment is an injection that can be used on different places on the face (or even different areas of the body.)
- Botox® Cosmetic injections are nearly painless, though some patients may report slight discomfort that is temporary. A topical anesthetic may be used on the areas before the treatment.
- The entire procedure generally takes about 10 minutes.
- It may help delay or prevent the need for future more invasive plastic surgery in the future.
- Over 11 million people have used Botox® Cosmetic.
- Botox® Cosmetic should only be administered by a qualified physician or health care provider, such as Dr. Ronald DeMars.
- The average price of Botox® Cosmetic is approximately $400 dollars but varies depending on the individual needs of each patient.
Interested in learning more about Botox in Portland? Dr. DeMars’ office has provided Botox® Cosmetic for several years and will be able to provide any information you need, as well as set up a time for you to come in and get the refreshed look you’ve been wanting!